“Two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, Courage in your own.”
Adam Lindsay Gordon
These beautiful words are inscribed over the fireplace in the building my Great Grandfather called home for many years. He lived by them. They are also inscribed on the side of his tombstone. He died by them.
Today, as we walk through a world so different than just one week ago, I encourage us all to be kind and courageous.
- Call an elderly neighbor and offer to shop, run an errand or simply just to chat (remotely).
- Touch base with a young family and offer relief as they struggle with the kids at home and a job that still needs them all day.
- Send a care package to someone you know in a home of the elderly
- Stay in touch with friends who have been told to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Stay away from groups of people.
Drastic times do call for kinder measures.
May this crisis be short lived and may you and your loved ones be safe.